Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stretching into new places...

What could I do to combat my forlorn mind in the event of thinking about the delightful squiggling presence of a not so near but dear three year old who at this moment likes to call people 'poo-poo head'...

What could I do when I've tried over and over to reason with our solar sun to push a little more rays our way and all you get is a cloudy reception... 

What could I do when I started talking to my family's pictures on Facebook and making up the daily dialogue for all of them...

The answer came from Santa. 

Ironic isn't it? The person who was created from a soft drink company actually gave me a ticket back to sanity on his sleigh. And this ticket is unlimited for one month. So lucky people living in the five mile radius of me, now you'll get to experience a very balanced somewhat content Tanya Wenczel. 

For the last week I've been burgeoning my own child-like sun somewhere in the pit of my belly through the yogic practice of Ashtanga... again... for the hundredth time.  
I had to face facts. Learning to breath slowly while moving into the unknown through the understanding of the body has always been the only real language of cultivating sunshine. Well, for me anyway. 

Strangely though in the years leading up to this, my mind had always convinced another part of me a different story by lisping, "are you ssserious Tanya? You have to do thissss every day! It'ssss too hard. You'll hurt yoursssself. The classsss issss an hour and a half? Hold on. That takessss too much time in your day, doessssn't it?" 
I see now that this had sabotaged the process of growing a least a fire ball. 
I also see now that I was a lazy banana head. 

So now I can control the sun or at least the effects it has when its not there in sweaty smelly clothes. Also with the month of February looming towards me, which as every Quebecois knows is the hardest winter month - people actually get frozen to a statue, I hear - I think I'm just in time.

Well I have a date with my book so I'll catch up with you some other time.


I think this dog does yoga too




No comments:

Post a Comment